18-Hour Hunts Mesa Overnight Tour
- Adult 18+
- Youth 8-17
- Child 0-7
A Once In A Lifetime Experience
If you truly want to immerse yourself in the beauty of Monument Valley, this all inclusive overnight adventure tour to Hunts Mesa is perfect for you.
Considered a hidden jewel of the South West, Hunts Mesa abounds with incredible photographic opportunities; from grand vistas and panoramas to unique vantage points of Monument Valley. On this exclusive tour, you will capture both sunset and sunrise from a unique place in Monument Valley. You will traverse back roads to visit majestic sandstone arches tucked away in labyrinth-like red rock canyons and explore ancient dwelling left behind by the Anasazi.
We provide everything to ensure a comfortable stay on the mesa. Camp is set up for you. Meals are included. Dinner and breakfast is cooked over a cedar fire by your Navajo guide.
This tour is recommended for both amateur and professional photographers, couples and families. Your local guide will tailor the tour to your interests, whether you are looking for the perfect angel for your photo or a short hike with your family to an amazing sunset perch overlooking Monument Valley.
- This tour starts roughly five hours before sundown. This allows us plenty of time to reach the top of Hunts Mesa (approximately 2 hours with several photography stops and a short break).
- Arrive at basecamp. Elevation 6,795 feet above sea level (approximately 1,600 feet above the valley floor).
- With 3 hours before sundown, your guide will familiarize you with the mesa, showing you the best places to capture sunset and pointing out a few hiking trails to great overlooks.
- Upon returning to basecamp, you will find camp all set up and dinner prepared. Your guide will share stories of Navajo culture and lore at dinner and around the fire.
- At night, take advantage of the dark sky, admiring the stars. If you are interested in astrophotography, let your guide know. There are many great places on the mesa to set up your camera, from secluded outlooks to a very special arch; Spider Arch.
- The following morning, capture sunrise from an outlook far to the east of Hunts Mesa. From this vantage point, see all of Monument Valley below, lined up and positioned perfectly with low lighting exposing the rock surfaces for an amazing photo.
- After breakfast, descend from the mesa visiting arches and ancient dwellings left behind by the Anasai. These natural and man-made wonders are hidden in beautiful labrinth-like sandstone canyons.
- Bottle of water and juices for hydration (remember that this is a desert climate with a low elevation of around 4,300 ft and a high as 6,800 ft).
- Comfortable clothing and appropriate footwear with good traction, hats, sunglasses, and sunscreen.
- Personal hygiene products; toothbrush, toothpaste, hairbrush and facial wipes. The little things to make life more comfortable.